Q. What database do I use to find scholarly articles?
Here is the fastest way to get started:
- In MyPima, click on the Library tab.
- Open MegaSearch. This lets you search 50+ databases at once, covering all topics.
- Enter keywords for your topic. Search.
- On the results page, in the left column, check-mark the box for Scholarly Journals (peer-reviewed)
- Click Update.
- All the results will be for articles from Scholarly Journals. Scholarly journals publish original research studies. Each major article is peer reviewed before it is published. Peer reviewers are experts who evaluate the credibility and importance of the article. They provide quality control.
Some of our databases are not included in MegaSearch.
You can search them individually.
- Choose a database on your topic
- Do a keyword search
- Then Limit the search to only scholarly journal articles (the details vary by database)
If you have any questions,
reply to this email, or contact us through chat or email us via Ask a Librarian.
LibChat is available 24/7! It is staffed by the PCC Library, but when we are not available, professionals we partner with from all over the world will help answer your questions.