Q. I can't access the AzCIS database
During COVID-19, access to the AzCIS database will be "tricky."
AzCIS (Arizona Career Information System) will only work off-campus if you've first created your account on-campus. With campuses closed, this difficult, but do-able:
- You can drive to a PCC parking lot and access the campus WiFi. Then register for an AzCIS account on-campus. After doing so, you can access it anywhere, when you use your login.
- Or you may contact LibChat (M-Th 9am-7pm; F & Sa 11am-3pm) or email LibAnswers. Library employees can sign you up manually.
- Finally, another option is to use alternate web-based resources. Here are two specific recommended sites:
- Career OneStop is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor and contains many of the same features as AzCIS: skills assessments, career profiles, wages, projected job vacancies, etc. No sign up or password needed.
- O*NET OnLine is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration, and developed by the National Center for O*NET Development. It also contains detailed reports on job tasks, skills, educational preparation, and wage estimates. No sign up or password required.
Was this helpful? 0 0