Why is my Apple device locked?
As part of our efforts to recover overdue tech devices, we are:
- Suspending service on overdue hotspots
- Remote locking overdue Apple devices
These are items that are more than a month overdue. A series of notices and bills have been sent.
The item needs to be returned to a campus library.
As always, only current students are eligible to borrow tech devices. Even if you are currently registered, you still need to return the device now. Once you return it, if you are verified as a current student, you are eligible to check out another device if one is available but we can not renew these specific devices.
- We can not unlock the Apples (IT will take possession of the device, unlock and reimage it before it can be checked out again)
- We will have to follow a process to reinstate service to the hotspot that may take 24-48 hours and devices are first come, first served and can not be held.
- Students have a responsibility when it comes to borrowing technology for responding to due dates and overdue notices. Failure to meet that responsibility results in the device being non-renewable.
LibChat is available 24/7! It is staffed by the PCC Library, but when we are not available, professionals we partner with from all over the world will help answer your questions.